We are always seeking motivated and energetic people to join our team.
We welcome individuals who are looking to become part of a integrated design team, focused on customer service and dedicated to providing the best in class product for our clients, to submit their qualifications. We would like to hear from you for possible future consideration, even if there is not an opening currently.
SIGMA7 design group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Equal employment opportunity is the law.
We are actively looking for the following positions:
SIGMA7 is seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager; Architect (Registered) or P.E. with 10-15 years of experience in managing design and implementation of technology focuses in architectural/engineering building projects. Experience with all work phases including scope of work and budget development, condition assessment and reporting, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration. Project types including Data Centers, Critical Infrastructure Buildings, Technology and Communication Facilities, E911 and other Emergency Management Facilities. Projects and clients are located throughout the country.
This position is open in our Midtown Manhattan office.
- 10-15 Years minimum in A/E field (of the 15 years, 5 to 10 Years in Project Manager Role)
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited University required
- PE preferred (mechanical or electrical)
- Recent experience with technically complex project types
- Proven success in managing client needs and firm staff
- Experience in independently managing multiple simultaneous design and restoration A/E projects
- Strong leadership skills and be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Successful financial management (firms man-hours and budget as well as client budget)
- Strong understanding of all A/E disciplines, and coordination/management thereof
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Field Experience (understanding of construction principles, methods and best practices)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and AutoCAD
- Available Client references
Position role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the engineering and architectural process from concept to completion.
- Proposal Development – Working with the Principal, meet with prospective client and in-house a/e disciplines to develop written scope of services, develop man-hour estimates, obtain proposals from outside consultants as needed to prepare a fully integrated proposal.
- Facilitate and lead Client and in-house meetings – including preparation agenda and meeting notes for all meetings and the distribution of meeting notes and correspondence. Meeting notes shall be issued to all parties within 2 business days.
- Financial Controls – PM shall monitor actual man-hours and consultant cost and compare to the approved budget on a weekly basis. This information also be compared to actual percentage compete of the work to assure the project is on track.
- A/E Coordination – PM shall review progress documents to assure that client goals and scope are being met. PM shall schedule and lead weekly project team design coordination meeting. Meeting notes and action items shall be issued after each meeting.
- Construction Administration – Observe construction and manage information during the construction phase between the contractor and internal A/E and consultant team members.
- Client Management – The primary focus is to meet and exceed client expectations. Establish project goals and ensure the entire team meets these goals. The PM shall also endeavor to think ahead and put themselves in the client’s shoes – advise the client of areas of concern with solutions and alternative options.
- Business Development - Aid principals and BD team in presentations with new clients or for new projects. Maintain and develop client relationships, including expanding business with existing clients.
- Perform condition assessments and develop reports and cost estimates
- Manage the team of Architects and Engineers to develop complete construction documents including drawings, sketches, and specifications
- Coordinate with other disciplines including structural, civil, acoustical, etc.
- Travel - collect and prepare data for evaluation, review construction work quality and progress, conduct pre-bid meetings, participate in pre-construction meetings, and participate in construction progress meetings.
- Coordinate contractor submittals and design team responses to contractor Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Communicate via electronic mail, phone, and hand drawn sketches to clarify design intent with Contractor
We offer a highly competitive compensation package including base salary and annual performance bonus. SIGMA7 is a rapidly growing firm and this position offers great potential for career advancement.
This position is ideal for a technically minded self-motivated individual who is looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We are a small firm where you will be working side by side with the principals and MEP engineering staff. Excellent growth opportunity for an enthusiastic go-getter.
As an Architectural Designer at SIGMA7, you will be working on multiple projects in various stages of design from initial surveys, drawing preparation and through the final punch list. Your focus will be on preparing design drawings, production, document coordination and on-site construction administration responsibilities.
Architectural Designer needed to perform the following duties :
- Document and survey of existing conditions for proposed infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with colleagues, clients, contractors, and Engineers to fulfill project requirements.
- Site visits, Construction observations, and attending weekly construction meetings.
- Sketching, Designing, Drafting, Preparing Construction Documents and Presentation Boards.
- Prepare Addendum/ Bulletin forms, narrative of changes, and Transmittals.
- Review and respond to Architectural RFI’s, submittals in coordination with Engineering comments and responding to General Contractors.
- Manage and organize Architectural Library.
- Coordinate with furniture vendors, clients, and finish representatives.
- Operate computer-aided drafting using AutoCAD, 3D-Max, Rhino, Sketch-Up, Illustrator to produce designs, models, and working drawings.
- Prepare presentations for clients using Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD.
- Research Building-related codes and ordinances enforced by the City, including the International Code Council. (ICC) building, ADA.
Bachelor’s degree Required in Architecture or Architectural Technology.
5+ Years Experience
Job Type: Part-Time Hourly with limited benefit package
SIGMA7 design group is a full service architectural and engineering design firm that specializes in mission critical design for new facilities and renovations.
Our clients include government agencies, Fortune 500 level institutions, and global technology companies. We provide a complete array of design services such as studies, due diligence evaluations, peer review, programming, schematic design, contract documents and construction management services. Energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability are always incorporated in all our projects, and can be provided as standalone services as well. This position is ideal for a technically minded self-motivated individual who is looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We are a small firm where you will be working side by side with the principals and MEP engineering staff. Excellent growth opportunity for an enthusiastic go-getter.
As a Project Architect at SIGMA7, you will be working on multiple projects in various stages of design from initial surveys, drawing preparation and through the final punch list. Your focus will be on preparing design drawings, production, document coordination and on-site construction administration responsibilities.
We are seeking a Project Architect with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Excellent in Revit, AutoCAD 3D, Project Navigator, Navisworks, and 3D modeling a plus (Sketchup or other)
- Capable to simultaneously work on multiple projects, while communicating at a high level with clients and staff
- Familiarity with MEP/Structural/Civil coordination
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Opportunity for client interfacing and travel
- 7+ years, with 3 minimum as Project Architect
Job Type: Full-time with full benefit package
As an architecture intern at SIGMA7, you will be working on multiple projects in various stages of design. Your focus will be on streamlining the designing process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects.
We are seeking an Architecture Intern with the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills
- Proficiency in design, problem solving, sustainable design and emerging computer technologies
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time, During Fall, Winter, or Summer
Experience, Compensation, Requirements:
* Required Fields